Having a family means making sacrifices, and for many people, that often means giving up powerful sports cars for more family-friendly sedans and crossovers. However, some automobile manufacturers have come up with the perfect compromise. When you buy Mercedes Benz C-Class or the Porsche Cayenne, you get all of the room you need for your family without sacrificing power or style.
Table of Contents
The Luxurious Porsche Cayenne
People around the world know Porsche for their beautifully unique and powerful luxury cars. In 2002, the company proved that it could produce family-friendly automobiles with the popular Porsche Cayenne. This midsize crossover SUV offers several different models and engine sizes in different price points, and while many of them are out of production, Porsche still makes the original flagship Cayenne along with a hybrid version.
- Cayenne S – While the flagship Cayenne offers a V6 engine, the S-model gives you a 4.8L V8.
- Cayenne GTS – The GTS mimics the S-model but comes with sportier features and an optional six-speed manual transmission.
- Cayenne Turbo and Turbo S – With twin-turbo V8 engines, the Turbo and S-model turbo turn up the horsepower to 490 and 514, respectively.
- Cayenne Diesel – The diesel version of the flagship Cayenne gives you a 3.0L V6 engine and 240 horsepower.
Porsche also created the Transsyberia model as a racing car to enter the Transsyberia Rally. Although they only made 26 at first, they ramped up production and created a street version following their 2009 victory.
The Mercedes Benz C-Class
When you prefer a four-door sedan with all of the power of a sports car, look no further than the Mercedes Benz C-Class. These beautifully luxurious vehicles offer anything from a four-cylinder to a V8 engine to provide varying fuel economy and power. They contain some of the newest technologies in entertainment and navigation, as well. The models in the C-Class include:
- C300 Sedan – Considered the entry point for the C-Class, it has a 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo engine. You will get an amazing 25mpg in the city and up to 34mpg on the highway with 241 horsepower.
- C300 4MATIC Sedan – The same as the C300 with all-wheel drive for superb control and handling in all kinds of weather situations.
- C450 AMG Sedan – This model incorporates a 3.0L twin turbo V6 with 362 horsepower. It offers 21mpg in the city and 29mpg on the highway.
- AMG C63 Sedan – Considered one of the “angriest” family sedans on the market, the C63 offers a 4.0L twin turbo V8. You get 469 horsepower along with 18mpg in the city and 25mpg on the highway.
- AMG C63 S Sedan – The “sport” version of the C63 offers larger wheels and other slight modifications that boost horsepower to 503 but keep the fuel mileage the same.
When you do not want to sacrifice power and sport for family size, consider the Mercedes Benz C-Class or Porsche Cayenne. You can find these and other models in various used model years online through Canadian classified sites. They truly put the power in your hands while giving you plenty of room for a growing family.